Fall may be a beautiful season but it can actually be a hazardous time for your auto glass. From deer to the sun’s harsh glare, there are plenty of reasons for you to drive with caution this time of year. Today, the BEAM Auto Glass team wants to help you out. Here are five top driving safety tips you can use this fall:
- Don’t wait to fix auto damage – If you’ve suffered damage to your car this summer, don’t wait to get it fixed. Driving a damaged car is very risky. For instance, if you have windshield damage, this can greatly reduce your visibility. Take the time to fix up your car.
- Drive defensively – Preparing yourself by using defensive driving practices will help you stay safer on the roads. Wear your seat belt, put away distractions, follow the speed limit, and keep a safe distance from other drivers.
- Be cautious of frost and fog – The change in temperatures will bring about frost and fog, especially in the mornings. Always clear off frost from your windshield and be careful when driving over bridges, which may be slick. For foggy conditions, only use your low beams –never your high beams.
- Check your tires – Look for signs of wear, tear, or low tread on your tires. If you see that one is in bad shape, get it replaced quickly. Bad tires can lead to accidents. Don’t forget to check your tire pressure regularly, too. With the colder temperatures, tire pressure will decrease. Remember that a consistent tire pressure helps them last longer, keeping you safer and saving you money.
- Clean your windshield – Finally, don’t forget to clean your windshield whenever it needs it. Wipe leaves from your auto glass and clean the inside, too.
Sometimes damage will happen to your auto glass, no matter how hard you try to prevent it. Luckily, BEAM Auto Glass can help you with windshield repair and replacement in the Rock Hill and Chester, SC area. When you need us this fall, just call!
BEAM Auto Glass offers windshield repair, windshield replacement, and auto glass repair services. Contact us for mobile service in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Lancaster, Kershaw, Chester, and York, SC areas.