The holidays are approaching, bringing bumper-to-bumper traffic with it. Considering this, you need to be prepared so you can avoid auto accidents and the need for auto glass repair. Defensive driving can help. Now more than ever, you should be practicing safe driving techniques. To help you avoid this kind of trouble on the road, BEAM Auto Glass wants to share five defensive driving tips with you:
- Always wear a seat belt – Always wear a seat belt and make sure all your passengers are wearing one, too. Seat belts save lives. They’re your first defense in the case of an auto accident.
- Stay alert and focused – Try your absolute best to be attentive when driving. Never drive drowsy. Being alert can help you avoid bad drivers or other road hazards.
- Don’t trust other drivers – Placing trust in others is a nice concept – except when it comes to behavior on the roads. Sadly, not every driver follows the rules or has the same safe driving habits you do. We advise that you stay a few car lengths away from the car in front of you. Pay attention to turn signals (or the lack thereof) and make sure the driver does what their signal says they’ll do.
- Follow the speed limits – We must stress the importance of this step. Speed limits are designed to keep you safe. For instance, a low speed limit may be in place because there’s a sharp turn or because the road goes through a residential area. Stay safe and be smart by following the speed limits.
- Put away distractions – There’s no call or text more valuable than your life. Put away your phone and alert your family and friends that you’re on the road and can’t talk until you arrive at your destination. This simple act can save lives.
BEAM Auto Glass offers windshield repair, windshield replacement, and auto glass repair services. Contact us for mobile service in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, Lancaster, Kershaw, Chester, and York, SC areas.